Call Flow Designer allows you to set up different phone trees in order to route and manage calls efficiently. There are several ways to configure phone numbers.
Intelligent call routing based on your customized pre-defined rules can be configured in the CloudTalk Dashboard. You can design different call flows for each phone number.
- Access the menu and go to Numbers in CloudTalk Dashboard. A list of all your phone numbers will appear. You can configure each phone number individually.
2. Call number settings (click on the icon “⚙️” next to the phone number). If needed, you can enable or disable the call recording or mandatory call tagging and configure business hours or international calls in this step, otherwise, these settings will behave according to the rules of the general setting.
- Business Hours: You can configure business hours for each phone number. More on Business hours.
- International Calls: You can create limitations for international calls. Your agents will be able to make phone calls only to countries which you have selected for them. For security reasons, we recommend enabling only those countries that are really necessary. Important: This setting will overwrite your company settings of International Calls for specific number.
Pro Tip: Internal labels
You can give a personalized name to each of your phone numbers. Labels will help you easily identify phone numbers in the interface. Labels are also displayed in statistics, reports, inbound calls, etc.
3. Design your call flow. By clicking on the icon “+”, you are going to insert different steps into your Call Flow.
Setting up the call flow designer
Call Flow Designer allows you to set up a sequence of steps to be followed for each inbound call made to the selected phone number. The aim is to avoid missed calls.
#1 Example: Firstly, the caller listens to a welcome message, then his call rings to group Support. If no one from group Support answers, the caller is redirected to leave a voicemail.
#2 Example (advanced): The caller firstly listens to a welcome message followed by IVR, which will redirect him either to the call group Support regarding a Support issue or the call group Sales regarding a Sales issue. If no agent is available, he can leave a voicemail.
Choose a type depending on the way how the phone number will be used:
Call to agent – all calls are routed to a single agent. To find out how to add new agents, please click here.
Call to preferred agent - when the specific contact in the contact list is associated with the preferred agent, this specific contact will be automatically routed to this agent. If no prefered agent is set for the specific contact, this step will be skipped.
Call to group – calls are automatically routed to a selected group of agents from the list. To find out how to create a group, please click here.
Playback - You can choose a predefined message from the list to be played to each caller at any time (insert “Playback”). To find out how to create customized messages, please click here.
Voicemail - You can also route the call into voicemail. . In this step, you can select which group or agent should receive this voicemail. Furthermore, you can decide if this voicemail will be sent to the agent's email and if the voicemail recording should be attached.
Redirect to external number - If you wish (e.g. for business-critical lines) you can decide to redirect the call to an external number outside CloudTalk.
Call recording - Let's say, that you want to record just this specific part/branch of the call flow, therefore you insert the option Call recording. If you don’t set up this step, the call recording will be set up according to your general settings rule.
Fax – If you need to use a fax machine, please select this option. The phone number will be immediately ready to receive fax messages. Define an email address where all fax messages will be automatically sent. This step can’t be combined with other steps.
Conference room – You can assign a phone number to a conference room so that the conference room can be reached from public phone numbers. To find out how to create a new conference room, please click here. This step can’t be combined with other steps.
Customer dial plan - if you need to set up a custom dial plan, please contact us.
External API - you can utilize your own Information System to route the call to the best possible agent / group. In this step, you can define an API endpoint, to which CloudTalk will send a request, containing the phone number calling your line and your CloudTalk phone number, that is being called. As a response, we expect type (agent / group) and it’s the extension. For more information, contact our support.
Webhook - you may also wish to get a request every time a call reaches a certain point of a dial plan. In this case set up a Webhook step with an endpoint, to which we will send a request, containing the phone number calling your line and your CloudTalk phone number, that is being called. This might be useful for tracking the number of calls reaching a certain path of IVR.
Get and dial an extension - Extension numbers allow big-sized companies to connect callers to dozens of different departments or employees. Please note that callers need to know the extension number agent / group they wish to reach.
IVR - IVR allows you to guide the caller through different options and make sure they are always directed to the right department or agent.
Time router - You can also set custom paths of a call flow based on time and day. This step is very similar to IVR, just instead of a key-pressed defining the way the call is routed, you define branches based on times and days (Monday - Sunday / Holidays).
How to insert a step in the middle of the specific call flow?
If you already created a specific call flow (i.e. multi-level IVR) and once you finished it, you realized that you forgot to insert a specific step (i.e. welcome message)? No need to delete the whole call flow and start over again.
- Press the button “+” in the step which is placed before the spot you want to insert the new step.
2. Select the option you want to insert.
How to delete a step in the call flow?
- Go to settings from the specific step (click on the icon “⚙️”).
2. Click on the button “🗑️”
3. When deleting something, you can either choose to delete this step only or all subsequent actions. Important note! In case of deleting IVR or time router from your call flow, the system deletes all the subsequent actions because they all are associated with this step.