In a single click, all existing Help Scout data (contacts, chats, emails, cases, etc.) will synchronize with CloudTalk and vice versa. Agents will have a comprehensive understanding of the customer without having to open multiple systems.
If you prefer video setups, here's a step-by-step Help Scout + CloudTalk setup video:
In the CloudTalk Dashboard:
Login into CloudTalk Dashboard account here.
Click on Account -> Integrations in the left sidebar menu.
Click on the Set up button under Help Scout integration.
You will be redirected to Help Scout login window.
Log in to you Help Scout account that you want to integrate and authorise CloudTalk to access your Help Scout account by simply clicking on the Authorize button.
5. After successful authorisation, you will be redirected back to Cloud Talk Dashboard, where you need to finish the configuration of the integration.
6. In the Mailbox name field, enter Help Scout Mailbox name which will be used for assigning the conversations to.
7. Enter a Tag that will be used for all your contacts from Help Scout in CloudTalk. It will help you filter your data.
8. In workflow settings, you can define rules for creating open, closed or active phone type Help Scout conversations from different types of phone calls made in CloudTalk.
9. Additionally, you can decide whether to create Help Scout conversations for calls from unassociated contacts, which agent will be assigned for missed calls (since those were not answered, Cloud Talk can’t assign a specific agent as it does for answered calls) and also decide whether to log all calls in Help Scout or only those ones “in” or “out of” business hours.
10. You can also define only calls made to/from specific phone numbers to be synchronised with Help Scout.
Important notice: If no phone number is added, all calls will be synchronised.
11. Finally, click on the Save button to activate the integration.
Once the integration with Help Scout is running, your data will always be up-to-date. With automated contact synchronization, CloudTalk displays full history of the client’s conversations, including ongoing conversations made in Help Scout. In turn, Help Scout displays all calls made via CloudTalk.
A new conversation is automatically created in Help Scout with each new phone call, including data, such as the client’s phone number, date, time and duration of the call, etc.
Contacts are synchronized as well. If you create a new contact in Help Scout, it is automatically created in CloudTalk and vice versa. If you update any data in an existing contact in CloudTalk, the update is automatically transferred to Help Scout and vice versa.
Important notice: All contacts will be synchronized from Help Scout to CloudTalk and vice versa at the time of the installation.
Currently, all calls will be synchronized to Help Scout only if there is an email address assigned to the existing contact.
Create or update conversations directly from CloudTalk
During the phone call, you can easily create a new conversation for Help Scout, without ever leaving CloudTalk interface.
Just click on New conversation in the contact detail, which will create a new conversation automatically in your Help Scout account as well.
If you need to update the conversation after or during the call, just hit the Edit button.
and update the status or subject of the conversation.
All these changes will be automatically transferred to Help Scout and your team will always have up-to-date information.
Make calls directly from Help Scout
To enhance your productivity, you can use the click to call feature in order to make a call directly from your Chrome browser, simply by clicking on a number in Intercom.
You will find more information about our Click-to-Call Chrome extension here.
If you need further assistance or have any questions, you can contact our Support Team. We are always here to help you!